Complying with environmental regulations
Companies who handle packaging in the UK are subject to the Packaging Regulations. We work with these businesses, helping them to reduce their impact on the environment and ensuring they comply with current regulations.
We understand that complying with environmental regulations can be a daunting task, and our affordable packaging compliance scheme has been designed to handle your producer responsibility obligations on your behalf, giving you peace of mind and saving you time and money.
Are you obligated under the packaging regulations?
If your business produced or handled more than 50 tonnes of packaging in the last year AND you have a turnover of more than £2 million you will need to comply with the Producer Responsibility Obligations (Packaging Waste) Regulations. Introduced in 1997, these regulations require companies to finance the recovery and recycling of packaging materials in proportion to the amount they have placed on the market.
Comply with the packaging regulations
To meet your obligation under the Packaging Regulations, your business must:
- Register with the Environment Agency (or relevant authority), either directly or by joining a compliance scheme such as Clarity Packaging Compliance.
- Submit annual data to the Environment Agency on the amount of packaging your business has handled.
- Procure recycling evidence notes known as PRNs (packaging waste recovery notes).
- Provide information to consumers about the product's packaging, including where it can be recycled and the meaning of labels.
Learn more about whether your business is obligated under the Producer Responsibility Regulations and what you must do to comply with the regulations.
We can help with your packaging compliance
If you want peace of mind that your packaging compliance is in safe hands, our Environment Agency approved scheme will take on your producer responsibility obligations on your behalf, saving you time and money.
We work hard to make packaging compliance as easy as possible. Our members receive second to none specialist support and advice throughout the process of arranging their compliance with the packaging regulations, and for as long as they are a member of our scheme.
True to our name, we give clear guidance about compliance and PRN purchasing options, helping our members to choose the right solution for their business throughout the year. With our in-house packaging recovery note trading team, we also have unrivalled expertise in procuring PRNs so our members get the best prices at trade cost.
The benefits of joining our packaging compliance scheme include:
- Quality compliance for less.
- Full support from a dedicated Account Manager.
- Transparent pricing structure and no hidden costs.
- The lowest price packaging recovery notes (PRN) from our in-house purchasing team.
- Access to trade prices.
- Flexible payment solutions.
- Ongoing support, advice and training with data submissions.
- Low risk compliance.
- Guidance on the best and most cost-effective compliance route throughout the year.
- No pricing tricks.
- Discounts for WEEE compliance members.
Learn more about our packaging compliance scheme and the services we provide.
Are you getting the best deal on your packaging compliance?
We believe that compliance should cost what you pay. Our clear and transparent charges, and trade price packaging recovery notes, will help you to comply for less. If you decide to leave your current packaging compliance scheme and would like to join Clarity, moving to our scheme couldn't be easier. Simply get in touch and we'll do the rest for you.
Find out what you could save by complying with Clarity. Get a quote from us today.
Share this page with others
Want to know more?
Let us help you
The Department for Environment and Rural Affairs has released the Government's response to proposed amendments to the UK Waste Electrical and Electronic Equipment Regulations 2013.…
Waste and resources charity Wrap have created The UK Plastics Pact, bringing together businesses across the supply chain to tackle plastic waste.…