Charity and fundraising policy
We recognise the importance and hard work of charities and community fundraising groups around the UK, as well as the positive impact our business can have in helping to generate revenues for these causes.
As an environmentally and socially-conscious business, we are committed to providing assistance to charities and causes where possible and practical, and have made a pledge to donate at least 1% of our profits to charitable causes each quarter. Our charity policy is in place to facilitate this process.
Clarity Cares donation committee
The amount of profits we donate will be decided by Clarity’s Directors at the end of the previous quarter. All Clarity Cares donations will be managed by an internal charity committee who will meet each quarter to decide on those causes that we will support. We will encourage and accept requests or recommendations for donations from our members, customers, suppliers and staff. These should be submitted to our charity donation committee for consideration
Our charity donations will look to support (but will not be limited to) charities that are in the following sectors:
- Animals and wildlife
- Social welfare
- Education and innovation
We will also consider those charities that have an association with our staff members or customers, and local charities.
For a charity to be considered by the fundraising committee, it must meet the following criteria:
- The organisation fits with our mission and company values.
- The organisation does not promote a religious, political or social agenda.
- The organisation is run ethically and operates good governance practices.
The charity donation committee will use a funding scoring sheet to determine the chosen charities and the amount we will donate, based on an evaluation of how the charity or cause aligns to the values of our business.
We will adhere to the Fundraising Code of Practice on "Commercial Participators" (a person who carries on a business and, in the course of that business, represents that it will make a donation to a charity). In doing so, we will:
- Make a statement when we represent money will be paid to a charity or institution established for benevolent or philanthropic purposes (in any written or verbal communication). This statement will indicate the name or names of institutions which will benefit from a donation, and the amount (if known, and if not, the estimated amount) of the promotional venture that we will donate.
- Have an agreement in place with the charity or charities, where we have committed to donate money as part of a promotional venture.
- Keep records of the payments made to each charity and make these available on request from the charity for inspection.
- Pass on funds to the charity as soon as is reasonably practicable, and in the case of a promotional venture, within a maximum of 28 days.
Clarity funds Restored Earth, a registered charity set up in 2010 with a mission to decontaminate land and return it to nature, for the benefit and enjoyment of wildlife and people. Our donations allow the charity to make grants and support projects that enhance and improve the environment, aligning with the work we do in the waste and recycling and resource sectors.
Share this page with others
Want to know more?
We are delighted to announce that our packaging producer compliance scheme Comply with Clarity has passed a full assurance audit from the Environment Agency, who report that our scheme Exceeds Expectation, identifying several areas of best practice.…
We are proud to announce our partnership with environmental campaigning organisation City to Sea, supporting its Refill campaign. We are excited to see the impact campaigns such as this have on our behaviour and attitudes to single use plastic by providing easily accessible alternatives.…