We are the data controller for the purposes of the Data Protection Act 1998.
We are committed to preserving the privacy of our customers and visitors to our website, while providing you with the opportunity to receive products and services that enhance your business activities.
We will collect the information you give to us when you fill in forms on our website or in any correspondence you have with us.
We may use this information to ensure that our Site works in the best way for you, and to provide you with information, newsletters or details of products or services that we think will be of interest to you, where you have requested us to do so. We will also use the information to perform any services we provide to you, or to notify you about any changes to our service.
We will keep your personal data confidential and will never sell or disclose your data outside of our corporate group, except to those we work with and in order to fulfil a contract.
We will take all reasonable steps to keep your information up to date and will only store your information for as long as we feel is necessary.
You have a right to ask to see the data we hold on you, to change your marketing preferences, or to unsubscribe from any communication we send to you. Please contact us at email@example.com or 0845 129 7177.
INFORMATION WE MAY COLLECT FROM YOU
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information that you provide to us by filling in the forms on our Site, such as when you request a quote or a call-back, or when you correspond with us by phone, email or otherwise. We may also ask you for information when you enter a competition or promotion sponsored by us, and when you report a problem with our Site.
- If you contact us by email or other means, we may keep a record of that correspondence and the information you provide at the time.
- This information may include your name, business, address, email address and phone number, financial and credit card information, and details of our correspondence with you.
- We may ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
- Details of transactions you carry out through our Site and of the fulfilment of your orders.
- Details of your visits to our Site and the resources that you access and this may include your IP address, operating system and browser type.
- Information about your use of this Site by using a "cookie" file that is stored on the hard drive of your computer. Please refer to the following paragraph for more information regarding cookies.
HOW WE MAY USE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We may use your personal data in the following ways:
- To ensure that content from our Site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- To provide you with newsletters, information, products or services that you request from us, or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes.
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between us.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so.
- To notify you about changes to our service.
STORAGE OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
HOW LONG WE STORE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We regularly review the length of time we keep your data and will keep it only for as long as required for the purposes for which it is supplied.
We will update, archive or securely delete information if it goes out of date and is no longer needed for the purpose or purposes for which it was collected.
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We will keep your personal data confidential.
Other than using your personal data as set out above, we will never disclose or sell your personal data outside our corporate group, except to our sub-contractors, agents or suppliers, who will use your data for the performance of any services that we provide you, and who are under a duty of confidentiality.
Personal data we hold on our customers would be one of the transferred assets in the event that we sell or propose to sell all or part of our business.
We may also have to disclose your personal information:
- if we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation;
- to protect our, our customers’ or others’ rights, property, or safety.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. We will take all reasonable technological and organisational measures protect your personal data, however we cannot guarantee the security of data transmitted to our Site - any transmission is at your own risk.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes.
You can also exercise your rights at any time by changing your marketing preferences, unsubscribing from the communication we send to you, or by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org, post to 10 Hunns Mere Way, Woodingdean Business Park, Brighton, East Sussex, BN2 6AH or telephone 0845 129 7177.
You have a right to ask us to provide a copy of the personal data we hold about you and, where you do, we will do this free of charge, except in the event that a request is deemed manifestly unfounded or excessive.
The information collected will only be used to send you the information you have requested and to provide information that may be useful to you.
The accuracy of your information is important to us. If any of the other information we hold is inaccurate or changes in any way, or if you simply wish to check that the data you have shared with us is up to date, please contact us on 0845 129 7177 or email us at email@example.com.
Our Site may contain links to third party websites. We are not responsible for the data protection or privacy policies of those third parties.
All comments, queries and requests relating to our use of your personal data are welcomed and should be addressed to David Honcoop at firstname.lastname@example.org or by post to 10 Hunns Mere Way, Woodingdean Business Park, Brighton, East Sussex, BN2 6AH or by telephone 01273 929210.
Issue Date: 23 April 2018.
Share this page with others
Want to know more?
We have donated to The Wildlife Trusts in support of our involvement in the charity's annual nature challenge, 30 Days Wild.…
A group of trade associations, charities and campaign organisations have signed an open letter to the Environment Secretary to implement a total ban on oxo-degradable plastics.…