We are the data controller for the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998.
INFORMATION WE MAY COLLECT FROM YOU
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our Site. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our Site, subscribing to any of our services, posting material or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you enter a competition or promotion sponsored by us, and when you report a problem with our Site.
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
- We may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
- Details of transactions you carry out through our Site and of the fulfilment of your orders.
- Details of your visits to our Site and the resources that you access and this may include your IP address, operating system and browser type.
- Information about your use of this Site by using a “cookie” file that is stored on the hard drive of your computer. Please refer to the following paragraph for more information regarding cookies.
USES MADE OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We may use your personal data in the following ways:
- To ensure that content from our Site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes.
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so.
- To notify you about changes to our service.
We may also use your data, or permit selected third parties to use your data, to provide you with information about goods and services which may be of interest to you and we or they may contact you about these by e-mail, post or telephone.
STORAGE OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We will keep your personal data confidential.
Other than using your personal data as set out above, we will not disclose or sell your personal data outside our corporate group, except to our sub-contractors, agents or suppliers who are under a duty of confidentiality, or in connection with the proposed or actual sale of the whole or part of our business.
We may also have to disclose your personal information:
- if we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation;
- to protect our, our customers’ or others’ rights, property, or safety.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. We will take all reasonable technological and organisational measures protect your personal data, however we cannot guarantee the security of data transmitted to our Site - any transmission is at your own risk.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org or by post to 10 Hunns Mere Way, Woodingdean Business Park, Brighton, East Sussex, BN2 6AH or by telephone 01273 929210.
You have a right to ask us to provide a copy of the personal data we hold about you and, where you do, we are entitled by law to make a small administrative charge for providing such data.
Our Site may contain links to third party websites. We are not responsible for the data protection or privacy policies of those third parties.
All comments, queries and requests relating to our use of your personal data are welcomed and should be addressed to David Adams at email@example.com or by post to 10 Hunns Mere Way, Woodingdean Business Park, Brighton, East Sussex, BN2 6AH or by telephone 01273 929210.
Issue Date: 23 September 2016.
Share this page with others
Want to know more?
The latest materials facilities figures have been released, revealing a decrease in the amount of target material being received by materials facilities in England.…
BSI has launched the world's first standard for implementing circular economy principles.…